At idstats we use traditional research techniques and new age market research techniques like eye tracking(TOBII), facial coding(FACS), semiotics and data-mining and analytics to understand and provide our clients an understanding of human behavior; one which embraces the irrational nuances of human behaviour and which draws on insights from behavioural science.
At idstats we seek to :
1. To understand behaviour – why we make certain decisions and choices, form habits and generally behave in the way we do
2. To change behaviour – such as nudging and steering behaviour
This understanding is then leveraged to provide strategic roadmaps to our clients to optimize brand health and optimize customer and shopper experience and engagement.
The core behavioural economics guiding principles that we leverage to craft strategic solutions for our clients include:
1. Much of what influences our behaviour is subconscious
2. We have different modes of thinking – System One which is intuitive, emotional and System Two which is more effortful, deliberate, reasoned
3. We are hugely influenced by the context around us and use anchors, shortcuts and rules of thumb to navigate and make decisions
4. We are subject to a mass of cognitive biases, such as loss aversion, availability bias, the herd instinct…
We leverage this understanding with extensive domain expertise of a team of veteran reseachers with extensive experience in research and consultancy powerhouses like Nielsen, TNS and the Kantar group to provide solutions that are not only actionable but also have a measurable impact on behaviour and therefore often a clear connection to the financial bottom line.
We use offline (face to face), CATI, mystery shopping, mobile and online panel and community based data collection techniques to engage with consumers.